Monday, January 09, 2006

Linkage XXVI

Oh, the Nerdity Star Wars has a disturbingly strong pull on the hearts and wallets of many men of a certain age and inclination. Here's more grist for the mill - www.starwarsholidayspecial.com - a site "...created as a labor of love in homage to the 25th anniversary of The Star Wars Holiday Special, which aired one time only on November 17th, 1978 and has been virtually lost ever since. The intent was to gather as much as there is to possibly know about the Holiday Special and document it in great detail, since this has never really been done before." (Via Susan Kitchens)

Cy or Blinky? Jeff links to a picture of a cat born with only one eye. (I can't imagine what he was searching for to arrive at that image, can you?)

Archie's Boy Discourse.net links to this breakdown of the Colts quarterback - Peyton Manning: the Man and the Brand. I find myself thinking about things like this, and I love it when I come across someone who is smarter than me and can do it in ways that I would never think of.

Insulin Required To counterbalance Jeff's one-eyed cat, here is a photo of a horse and a cat that love each other. And they're Australian, no less, so as we anthropomorphize them we can imagine they have cute Aussie accents. (via BoingBoing)

Barbie Torture No, not Klaus Barbie, the "Butcher of Lyons". I mean little girls torturing their dolls. Read about it here. I'm not sure what the fuss is - this just seems to be the counterpart to boys messing up GI Joes, but since I did neither as a kid, I may be missing something here. (from Marginal Revolution)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I found Cy at Drudge Report. I know what you were thinking, but I did not do a search for "nasty pussy."

Jeff said...

By the way, Cy only lived one day. I was shocked until I thought about not having a nose and then it made sense.