Friday, September 02, 2005

Must. Not. Give. In

The early reports of the hurricane and the slow-motion disaster taking place in it's wake have made me deeply sad. But then I read this, this, and this last night, and if those are too much, just look at this, and I started to get mad. But I'm not going to give in to anger, and I will heed warnings not to draw any implications about policy and ruling ideology from this, because, of course, no one has ever done anything like that before.

Besides, I don't want this blog to be about my disappointment with our current national leadership. If you want that kind of ranting, you can go here and here, or if you like the view from the other side of the looking glass, you can go here or here. But I will address cultural or political issues where Christian values or ideas are specifically invoked. So since the President has not tried to theologize this event (unlike his brother Jeb last year) I'm not going to comment. (that was, until I heard the President say this, but then this helped me keep my cool).

No comments: